Sunday, October 14, 2012

My Voice - Day Three

Tom's birthday is today. I'm making one of his favorite dinners, Spicy Cajun Shrimp on Sauteed Kale and Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Chorizo Cream Sauce and I have a Spumoni Cake in the oven.

I'm drinking my first root beer (diet) in years. It tastes really good. It reminds me of the times I visited my grandmother. Just like Black Jack gum reminds me of my grandfather.

I finished my guest post for {Gina}. Pumpkin Walnut Baklava. I don't think it's really my authentic voice. It didn't flow like it usually does. A little contrived I think, but that's where I am I guess. However, I do feel better now that it's finished.

I looked at my food blog earlier and realized that I hadn't posted anything since the end of September.... and we're almost half-way through October. I just keep shaking my head in disbelief. I've been cooking, developing recipes, taking photos but not posting. Still I should feel lucky that the traffic is still good, that my loyal readers are coming back for more, even when there isn't any more.

I don't know what this intermission is about just yet. I keep thinking that if I just write... anything... it will simply come to a close and I'll be my old self again. But it hasn't yet.



No comments: