Monday, October 15, 2012

My Voice - Day Four

My political voice.

This morning I read an article in the Huffington Post about the Koch brothers sending out pro-Romney political packets to 50,000 of their employees "offering information as to how to vote in this year's presidential election" and warning employees and contractors of possible future joblessness if Romney is not elected.

I suppose many of those employees will take the threat seriously and vote for Romney in the hopes of keeping their jobs. But I hope that most of them understand that the outcome of this election will not determine their future employment status because the Kochs and other huge corporate yahoos will cut their jobs no matter what if the yahoos can make more money. That's always the bottom line.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I sympathize with the voice thing. Sometimes you've got it, and sometimes it's hiding and then you panic. Or I should say, I panic. Which makes me wonder, in human history, has panic ever served us in any way whatsoever? I rather doubt it. Which makes panic like the appendix, it's only there to give us trouble.

Terri said...

Panic. Fuck panic. And yet it rears its ugly head for no other reason than to mix shit up. I'm convinced of it.