Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My Voice - Day Five

Day five of this nonsense.

I should be cleaning my house. The every-other-day ritual of dusting ever since the Kroger store expansion into my backyard. For almost 15 years I lived on 10-acres of land covered with trees, brush and high grass where pollen and dust from the dirt and gravel road 100 yards from my house was an every day occurrence no matter the season. I never had dust collect as fast as it does now.

I went into the guest bath late Saturday night and glanced over at the counter around the sink. It was covered in dust. And I had just wiped everything down in there Thursday afternoon. Yuk. I can wipe down the kitchen counter tops after dinner and run my hand over the marble at noon the next day and feel the dust that has settled. It's disgusting. Maybe I could sue Kroger for a daily housekeeper {just kidding}.

I think I need another vacation. I know. I know. I just got back from an awesome vacation in August. But I can't wait to go again. I want to pack up the trailer and get the hell outta Dodge, even if it's just for a few days.



No comments: