Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Whoops!

I didn't mean to lie to you yesterday. I really did think it was November 29th and I really thought I only had one more day of NaBloPoMo. Maybe it's all the viral mucous invading the very recesses of my brain that is clouding my ability to think clearly.

When I got up this morning, I fully intended to go into the Clothes Closet, but as I sat in a near stupor finishing my coffee, my fever returned and I went back to bed for a two hour nap. Getting old sucks.

So, to clarify, tomorrow is the last day of NaBloPoMo. And today I will provide a quick update on the never-ending Kroger Expansion saga.

When I wrote that letter to the city council, I didn't have any illusions that it would help. What it took to finally get results was a shortened version (305 words) in the form of a Letter to the Editor published in the local newspaper (thank you, Phil) and an email I sent to Kroger headquarters pointing out their blatant hypocrisy for contributing $1.5 million toward breast cancer awareness and their unwillingness to finish erecting a damn fence to protect our children from exposure to cancer causing benzene fumes. I was a little nicer than that, but not much.

Within 72 hours, workers were back and at the end of one full day, the fence is fully constructed. Now we have a backyard that looks like this...

Photobucket
Photobucket


Sometime in the spring, Tom will pull down our old fence and finish the fence on each side to hook up to the new one just a couple of feet away. He also wants to put a gate in the fence so we can walk out our backyard to the grocery store. Isn't he clever?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you lived closer (way closer) I'd bring you my turkey soup. It cures just about everything.

Terri said...

Freeze it. Send it FedEx. I'll thaw it out. Let the healing begin!