Monday, November 28, 2011

Two More Days

Tomorrow is the last day of NaBloPoMo. I'm not sure if I'm happy or a little disappointed.

I am a procrastinator. I know, you didn't know this about me. But I am. This commitment, which I could easily have discarded at any time over the last 29 days, has been sort of a welcomed catalyst to get off my very sizable ass and actually write something, no matter how mundane, meaningless or shallow, every single day.

When I look at how I've neglected my food blog, I sort of .... very marginally sort of ... wish I had made the commitment for that blog, too.

So, here's the thing. I'm still sick since the day after Thanksgiving. Fever, head and chest congestion, headache, coughing and general all around feeling lousy. If you know anything about me, you know that sleeping until 8:30 in the morning is completely out of character, but that is exactly what I did this morning....even though Tom woke me up at 7:00am to let me know he was leaving. And, I took a nap this afternoon. I know. What a loser.

I have several things in my life that apparently need attention. Over the last 29 days, I have touched on a myriad of topics that could use some in-depth exploratory surgery, or at the very least, some commentary. However, I am coughing and wheezing and sweating and currently in no position to explore anything more than how a dose of NyQuil will effect my night's sleep.

No comments: