Have you ever had a heated discussion, maybe pointed out some glaring inconsistencies in the other person's argument only to have the other person abruptly walk away from the "discussion" in complete frustration and anger with a flippant "have a nice day," or "have a nice life" ?
I have and I was reminded of that particular incident when I read the quote I used in the title. Childish behavior really. Incapable of acknowledging their own crap. I'm not sure why that caught my eye this morning.
So, can I just vent a little?
- The weather. Jesus I know I'm getting old when all I can talk about is the weather. But it sucks. It's freakin' hot and humid and it's only the beginning of June. What is August going to be like?
- I voted this morning. I will be so glad when this primary run-off election is over. Although I cast my vote for Bill Halter, I'm sick of the phone calls from his camp. Thank heavens for caller ID.
- This whole BP oil gusher thing is really getting under my skin. I'm sick of people asking, "what can the President actually DO??" Well, for starters he could get the input and expertise from ALL of the oil companies instead of just BP. Call them all in for a brainstorm meeting. If they refuse to show up, help and participate, they don't do business in the U.S. Period. And make it clear that BP reimburses everyone for all of it. I am certain that between ALL of the experts they can come up with something a little more effective than a "top hat." And now that BP is not paying claims to fishermen and others in a timely manner, seize BP's bank accounts and other assets, assign someone or even a committee to process the claims in a timely manner and stand over BP's accounting department while they cut the checks. In Full. Now. And clean up is sporadic at best. Assign FEMA to oversee and coordinate the clean up and hire every single oil clean up organization world wide, at BP's expense of course, to completely dominate the clean up of the Gulf, beaches and wetlands. And that's just for starters.
- Tom started the ski boat Sunday morning (for the first time since last fall) and water starting leaking into places it's not supposed to. Luckily, it's not leaking into the oil, but water leaking into anything cannot be good. What will the dollar amount be to repair it? Don't know. Not happy.
- And, finally, I have a rash, or maybe it's two rashes. I have a rash on each eyelid and a rash that runs from one side of my neck to the other. It started somewhere around Thursday or Friday of last week. The only thing I did differently was open two new bottles of reed diffuser liquid from Pier One. I have used the same liquid for years. I love the smell. But I just bought this batch before we went to Savannah and when I finally opened it last week, it definitely smelled different, more like chemicals than fragrance. And it was strong. Really STRONG. So, I dumped the liquid from the bottles and threw them away and as the house airs out some, my eyelids are noticeably better. I'm still waiting for my neck to heal as well, although it doesn't itch like it did. Clearly whoever makes the liquid changed the formula significantly. Crap! What happened? Did Walmart buy Pier One?
Okay, I'm done. You can probably tell I'm in a pretty foul mood. I'm doing a lot of mumbling and grumbling. Unfortunately, I cannot pull myself up by my boot straps because I'm wearing flip-flops. After all, it is that time of year. I suppose that means I will be wallowing in my very own Pity Party just a little bit longer.