Friday, January 29, 2010

Did You Think I Was Kidding?

I wasn't.

When we woke up this morning, it was 32 degrees and sleeting. An hour later, the temperature had dipped to 29 degrees and it has continued to fall all day. But before we had snow, we got the ice.

My meditating frog has a goatee or his drool is frozen...



And my Japanese maple is covered with ice, even though the dryer vent is nearby and Tom has been doing laundry most of the day (Yes, he's home - sigh)...



While Tom was doing laundry, I baked Bunny's Retro Banana Cream Pie. It is really tasty and not a box of pudding was used.

Tom toasted some baguette slices and chopped some tomatoes and basil. I added salt, pepper, olive oil and white balsamic vinegar and we had fresh Bruschetta for lunch...



All in all, as long as we stay indoors, it's been a pretty good day in spite of the nasty weather.

No comments: