Monday, August 24, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook for Monday, August 23, 2009



FOR TODAY AUGUST 24TH, 2009..


Outside my window...the sun is shining and it is a cool 62 degrees. Simply a gorgeous, gorgeous morning, and it was like this all weekend long.

Waiting…for the spa repair guy to call to find out when he is going to come by to fix the spa.

Catching up on…laundry (because I goofed off all weekend long because it such a gorgeous weekend) and filing stuff in the office.

I am thinking...about my sister, Robin, who will have surgery next month...about our trip to California for Thanksgiving in November...about what to do for Christmas.

I am thankful for...everything. My husband, my health, my house and for the people in my life who continually show how much they love me.

From the kitchen...I'm not sure, but I really want to make something tasty.

I am wearing... gray crop pants, a turquoise and white tie-dyed shirt and flip-flops.

I am creating... more food blogs. Keeping up with two food blogs is proving to take more time than I thought. Sometimes, when I'm pressed for time, I just have cross-post them.

I am going... to run errands sometime today.

I am reading...still...Julie & Julia (saw the movie while we were in Savannah and loved it!!), but I'll get back to reading The Divine Commodity when I'm done.

I am hoping...for the impossible, I'm afraid.

I am remembering…the Christmas Tom and I had in Clearwater Beach, Florida a couple of years ago. Over the weekend, we talked about how much fun we had (even though it was kind of lonely by ourselves) and we may do it again, only this time take the boat and cruise down the intercoastal waterway.

I am hearing...the ceiling fan rattle slightly. Everything else is pretty quiet.

Around the house...I need to vacuum and dust.

One of my favorite things... is sitting in our den, watching a really good movie with Tom. Yesterday we watched Lars and the Real Girl. It was so beautifully touching, sad and uplifting that it made both of us cry.

A few plans for the rest of the week …getting caught up on producing the church newsletter, yoga class on Thursday (love it!!), signing up for a 12-week strength training class for seniors, church dinner on Wednesday night.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing... after the Savannah Gay Pride Parade, the kids got bored. Jacob's girlfriend, Hannah, and Tommy decided to do something wacky. The result? Grandpa and his 13 year old drag queen.


Tommy makes a pretty darn good lookin' girl, doncha think?

To read more Daybook posts or learn how to participate, visit The Simple Woman’s Daybook


No comments: