Friday, August 28, 2009

He Swims With The Fishes

I don't have insomnia really. Since I've been taking my lovely little green pills (estrogen, not the pills with butterflies) I am sleeping better. I can fall asleep and stay asleep most of the night so long as I don't have a lot on my mind.

What does tend to happen is that I have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, usually around 3:00 a.m. and when I do, I lay there hoping that feeling will just go away, and when it doesn't I get up, pee and go back to bed. This morning it was 3:12 a.m.

Unfortunately, it wakes Tom up, too. Or sometimes he is already awake because he has done exactly the same thing.

So, this morning, as we are laying there curled up next to each other in our "going to sleep" position, my back to his belly, the short conversation ensued.

TOM: How about blackened tilapia for dinner?

ME: That sounds awful.

TOM: Yeah, I thought so, too. I was trying to eliminate options.

ME: (sigh)

No comments: