Thursday, May 14, 2009

The smallest bookstore still contains more ideas of worth than have been presented in the entire history of television. ~ Andrew Ross

Well, then, Andrew has not seen Grey's Anatomy!

Did you see the finale? I did. I have a DVR and it was recorded so I fast-forwarded (is that a word?) through the commercials. I should have just let the commercials run to give me time to recover between each segment. I cried through the whole episode. It was just like old times!

Oh my God, the old Grey's Anatomy is back! This season I complained that it was getting so boring and so stupid ~ you know, the whole Denny reappearing thing week after week. Stupid and creepy. Even though you were getting the idea that Izzy had a brain tumor and Denny was an hallucination. It was still stupid and creepy. And I just got so sick of wishy-washy, whiny Meredith and I thought, I don't think I'm going to watch it anymore after this season. But something happened like three or four episodes ago and the writing got better and the acting got better and now...the old Grey's Anatomy is back!

Now, that I have that off my chest, I know I haven't posted since last week. We picked up Chris at the airport Monday morning and the rest of the day was busy, so no Simple Woman's Daybook. Then, well, things just got away from me. I finally posted on my food blog yesterday for the first time in two weeks. I seem to have hit a dry spell, so to speak. But, like Grey's, I hope I'm back.

As I mentioned, Chris got here Monday and he will be here for two weeks. He's here to help Tom get caught up with all of work he has scheduled. Construction in this part of the country has not been hit as hard as others. It's slowed down some, but there is still building going on all over. And it seems that all the other stair building companies have gone out of business and there is only one guy left and that's Tom. He's always been lucky like that.

And the extra room where Chris is staying is not finished. The walls are painted; the ceiling is scraped and painted; the trim is in but not painted; the closet is primed, but not painted; but I did manage to finish painting the cement floor (long story shortened: previous owner pulled up all the carpeting after the water heater flooded the house; she "sponge stained" the concrete slab foundation a brownish color with ordinary wood stain; I primed and painted the bedroom floor white ~ for now).

Our flip house is supposed to close Monday afternoon, barring any unforeseen circumstances. But we all know that Tom and I have really, really, really rotten real estate Karma, so anything can happen between now and then. I am just hoping that the $5,000 we're ultimately losing in this sale is enough to appease the Karma Gods.

And, it's been raining for two weeks!! Not, just a drizzle either. As of last Friday, May 8th, we had received 10-1/2 inches of rain for the month of May. The fish love it, my garden is drowning, the ground squishes under my feet when I walk across the yard and G-Doggie is muddy and wet 24/7 and she's an indoor dog! Last night we had more thunderstorms ~ wind, thunder, lightening, blowing rain ~ and more rain is forecast through the weekend. I don't think our lawn care guys will show up to aerate our lawn today and I suppose we will be missing the Greek Food Festival this weekend. Waaaa! Waaaa! Call the Waaa-mbulance!

Finally, have you seen this movie??



I haven't either, but I'm going to Blockbuster and rent it this weekend. I'm in need of a little pick-me-up.

No comments: