Saturday, March 7, 2009

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.~ George Bernard Shaw

I know you are wondering where I've been. I haven't posted since Monday. I've been busy.

It was a stressful week. We are migrating from paper to computer at work, dragging Boss kicking and screaming all the way! We've been (actually..I've been) entering in all the patients and their data. On Friday, I finally hid the schedule book. It's driving Boss crazy, since he looks at the schedule book at least 6 times an hour. My mantra has become "the schedule is on your computer," which is almost always met with some sort of grumbling about paper and servers going down.

Change is hard for Boss. He doesn't really like computers and we didn't even have internet access for email. He didn't want email because he knew that if he did, the president of the company, The Bigger Boss, would send him tons of emails and give him stuff to do. Boss lost that war. Not only do we have two computers (one for Boss and one for Big D and me), but this migration is actually forcing Boss to change how he does his job. And we have email. He hates it. Boss wanted complete autonomy, but now he can't have it because we are on a server housed in Little Rock which gives The Bigger Boss access to our schedules and patient data AND...drumroll, please... Boss' productivity.

And, on top of it all, I had one of my Back Attacks...for three days I had spasms in the muscles on the right side of my lower back, from my spine to my ribs. It's more painful than childbirth...really! But, it finally over and the weekend.

I only work until 11:00am on Fridays and yesterday afternoon, I drove home with the top down on my car. It was 78 degrees, partly cloudy...just gorgeous. We ate dinner out on the back patio. Tom went to Fuji and brought home sushi for dinner. Awesome!!

This morning it is already 70 degrees and we sat outside with our morning coffee and watched squirrels and rabbits scamper around the yard and listened to the birds sing. Now Tom is on the way to the vet's office to board Goldie until Monday morning and in a few hours we will be heading to Memphis to see Legally Blonde, the Musical!



Yes, we are actually playing this weekend. Getting away, just the two of us, just to have fun! Imagine that.

No comments: