Wednesday, March 18, 2009

This Baby Has a Woman Cold!

Unlike a man cold, which requires pity, consolation, television and constant care, a woman cold requires very little. Peace and quiet, sleep, ibuprofen and lots of water and juice. Just leave me alone and I will get better all by myself, thank you.

I woke up sick this morning. Is it a cold? Is it the flu? Who knows. My chest is congested. I'm coughing. I'm running a fever. I have a sore throat. I need some rest, but I'm sitting in bed, pillows and backrest supporting me, my computer on my lap, whining to you, my faithful readers, about being sick. How pathetic is that? Let me give you something a little more pathetic.

I called Boss at home at 7:30 this morning to let him know that I was sick and wouldn't be at work today. Did he ask what was wrong? No. Did he say I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well? No. The first words out of his mouth were do you think you will be at work tomorrow? My decision to resign was completely validated in that moment. What a pathetic jerk.

Yes, I finally had an opportunity yesterday morning to tell Boss that I was resigning and my last day would be a week from this coming Friday. Today, I am sick. I know it might sound fishy or phony, but you can tell by my voice that I am really sick. I am really hoarse and raspy. He's just pissed off because he might have to work a whole day by himself or, worse yet, call college student, Big D, to beg him to come in to work in the afternoon after class, thereby cutting into Big D's play time. Oh, No!

So, anyway, Tom is feeling better although he didn't go to work again today. He's planning Minnestrone soup for dinner.

Right now, I'm tired and I think I will just take a short nap.

No comments: