Friday, March 20, 2009

Same Illness, Different Day

This flu is nasty. I can't remember when I've been so sick. Fever, sore throat, joint pain, headache, chest congestion, coughing with a little vomiting thrown in for good measure. And, yes, I have definitely done my share of whining.

This is my third day in bed, although I am actually starting to feel a little better. Boss in none too happy with me, since this is also my third day off work. That's okay. I only have one more week of work and I'm free again.

Tom hasn't fared any better. This flu hit him harder than anything I've ever seen. To be honest, he is the kind of guy that, when he gets a cold or the flu, recovers in 24 hours and is off and running again. Not this time. He got sick last Saturday and spent Saturday, Sunday and Monday in bed. Tuesday he seemed a little better, but quickly relapsed. Yesterday, he had a fever with the chills so bad that he had to take a hot shower to get warm. Today, he is driving up to Batesville to meet with a client, but won't do anything physical. They will just meet and plan the job.

Karen fixed burritos for dinner last night. Tom and I napped while she cooked, then we shared one burrito and were both back in bed right afterwards, attempting to sleep through the night.

Let's hope this is just about over.

No comments: