Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I personally believe we developed language because of our deep inner need to complain. ~ Jane Wagner

So, what was the topic of the day at work? Not just today, but for the last three weeks. Only two extremely important, relevant things: freakin' football (like who really gives a rat's you-know-what) and Kris Somebody from American Idol (which I do not watch. And, no, that's not his last name, but I don't really know what it is since I am the only person in Conway who is NOT his close and personal friend and, no, I will not even take the time to Google it) but, yes, he apparently hails from Conway, Arkansas so he is "The Bomb", so to speak.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be so negative, but Jesus, Mary and Joseph, could we please talk about something else... or maybe nothing at all. Maybe Boss could just do his job, perform magical physical therapy in a reasonable period of time instead of taking an hour and a half to do what he could have done in 40 minutes if he would just shut his mouth... because apparently he can't move his mouth AND his hands and arms at the same time. They seem to be interconnected to each other and incapable of simultaneous motion and/or sound.

So back to Kris-somebody from Conway. Everyone is talking about him. And, of course, NOW everyone knows him. They are all close, personal friends.

Me: Oh, and what's his wife's name?....Uh, it's on the tip of my tongue...(I should be a detective. Aren't I deviously clever???)

Everyone: Oh my gosh, I just can't remember right this second.

Oh, sure, y'all are such close and personal friends. That comment would, of course, be under my breath as I'm walking away.

Oh, yes, it's been fun at work. Sports talk radio, then some station that could bill itself as American Idol radio (how Boss found this freakin' station, I have no idea), conversations about football games, football players (their drug use and arrests, oh and yes, their superhuman athletic skills), football coaches, football plays and the star of American Idol this season, Kris Somebody.

And what does Tom do to me? He reminds me that this Sunday they (whoever "they" might be) will announce the teams for March Madness!! AAARRRGGGHHH!!! Somebody just shoot me.....NOW !!!

No comments: