Monday, November 17, 2008

"Honesty" without compassion and understanding is not honesty, but subtle hostility". ~ Rose N. Franzblau

Subtle hostility. Yup. Or maybe Not-So-Subtle Hostility. Better; more accurate.

As you can probably ascertain from the quote I used for the title of today's post, I'm not in a very good mood. I was in a worse mood when I woke up. I didn't sleep well. I was awake a good portion of the night and my head was full of thoughts; my gut was full of feelings. I should have just got out of bed and started pounding my thoughts out on the keyboard of my laptop, but nooooo, not me. I just laid there thinking and not sleeping.

When I did sleep, I had nightmares about coming home from a trip and finding my house had been trashed by my sister's cat. Go figure that one out. I'm not even going to try.

Be It Resolved - I WILL stop going places, i.e. internet sites, where I know I'll find just the right amount of hostility to stir crap up.

After Tom left this morning, I came into the office, logged onto my laptop, checked out my reader for blogs that I follow and came across this post, Meaningful Conversations with a Four Year Old. I am telling you, if you don't click on that link and read that post, you are missing a great story! I laughed out loud sitting here all by myself. And my mood has been elevated somewhat.

Thanks to Joy Unexpected for raising my spirits.

Now... get this... first, I am going to hook up my iPod and make sure I have Week One of the Podrunner Intervals (What?? No, can it be??). Then I am going to go in and put on my Nike sweats and running shoes (No, no, is she actually going to do it??) and I am going to take Goldie over to Tucker Creek Trail (Holy crap! She's actually going to do it!), and we are going to do a walk/run! (Shut Up! I'll believe when she's actually done it).

UPDATE BIOTCH!: I did do the walk/run... more of a walk/run/walk/walk/walk/run or something like that. I did the first four runs, but got a side stitch, walked the next three runs, but walked them with the increased tempo of the running music, then I ran the last running segment. We did 1-1/2 miles total. Not so bad I guess for not doing much of anything since July. Goldie was so tired and panting so hard that she fogged up the windows in the car. We gotta get that girl in shape!... Oh, yeah, me, too.

No comments: