Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Please Join Me in a Pity Party := (

My laptop is broken and I am using Tom's desktop. BLECH! I don't have any of my files or bookmarks. I can't access some of my accounts because all of my usernames and passwords are saved in Firefox and I don't have them written down. Note to self: When I get my computer back, WRITE THEM DOWN!

I took my laptop in to the repair shop yesterday afternoon after it spontaneously rebooted about 10 times and just wouldn't stop. I am hoping it is just an internal fan problem. I DO NOT want to reinstall Windows!! Waaaa!

Other not-so-pitiful news from yesterday, the March of Dimes Shamrock 5K Run has finally been scheduled and will be held on Friday, March 6, 2009. It's time to seriously get my ass in gear if I am going to run this 5K with Chris! So, yesterday I went for my first walk/run since July (the week of Tom's family reunion). I did encounter one slight problem. Before I left, I uploaded Week One of the Couch-2-5K onto my iPod. I was on Week Four when I stopped in July, but I knew I wouldn't be able to start up again where I left off. After I had moved Week One to my iPod, my computer froze and then rebooted, so when I got to the trail, I couldn't get anything on my iPod. I have no idea why and I can't figure it out until I get my computer back.

I think I have mentioned this before, but I have a really nice walking/bike trail less than a mile from where I live. The trail runs along a creek with trees lining each side of the creek and path and there are homes beyond that. A few months back, a local boy scout troop took the initiative and put markers along the trail at quarter mile intervals. God bless them! We are now able to determine with some accuracy how far we have walked or run! Currently the trail is about 1-1/4 miles long, 2-1/2 miles round trip, but the city has just purchased more land to expand the trail. I can't wait. I am hoping I am really running by the time it is completed.

Anyway, this time I took Goldie with me. She still has a difficult time being a dog. She doesn't exhibit any real "dog" behavior except peeing and pooping in the yard and eating dog food. She doesn't play like a dog and would rather lay somewhere in a room by herself where she mostly sleeps. Dr. Chris, our veterinarian, says it's a visual thing for dogs. The more exposure to outside influences, the more comfortable and responsive they become. So, we walk her.

When we got to the parking lot at the beginning of the trail, I let Goldie out of the car. We walked over the bridge to the trail and she was a little nervous at first, almost slinking, with her tail between her legs, eyes darting back and forth, but after a 1/4 of a mile or so she started to settle in. My iPod refused to work, so I just walked for a while, then I'd run about an 1/8th of a mile and walk about the same distance for 2-1/2 miles, but definitely more walking than running.

Goldie seemed to enjoy to the runs. She'd prance proudly with her tongue hanging out the side of her mouth and occasionally look up at me as if to say, "Hey, this is kinda fun," but after completing about 2 miles, and about a 1/2 mile from the car she let me know she was getting tired by trying to walk over to the grass on the side of the trail and lay down and I'd have to tug her leash to keep her going. But, we both made it and we will go again today.

Tonight Tom and I are going to see the Eagles at Alltel Arena.

We received a pre-sale password and got great seats before the tickets went on sale to the general public. Fun, fun, fun.

October 4th, we head to the Orpheum Theatre in Memphis to see the first attraction of the season, Avenue Q

It looks like a kids musical, but it is definitely adult fare. Then maybe dinner at McEwen's on Monroe or ribs and some great music at B.B. King's Blues Club on Beale Street. Everything is within walking distance from our hotel and the theatre. What could be better than that?

Last Saturday Tom and I agreed it was time to get back on track with the remodel on our house, so before the remnants of Hurricane Ike blew through Arkansas, we went shopping for remodeling stuff. Tom wanted to remove the dated wall-to-wall mirror over the vanity in our bathroom and replace it with a mirror with a nice decorative frame. After looking at Lowes and Kirklands, we finally found a really cool one at TJMaxx. Then we stopped at Home Depot and hit the jackpot. We found a vanity light that complimented the mirror frame perfectly. Of course, I can't show you because I can't find a picture of the fixture on the internet and this computer isn't set up to download photos from my camera (yes, I took pictures). We also bought tile for the whole bathroom ~ ON SALE !! Whoo Hoo! That old fiberglass shower/tub will be ripped out and replaced with tile.

Friday I bought some wood plant ons...

These were for the posts on either side of the oven and microwave, but Tom saw some corbels with grapes on them for the legs on the hood over the microwave, so we bought 2 corbels and returned 2 of the plant-ons. I started painting the plant-ons and corbels on Sunday while Tom removed the old mirror, hung the new one and installed the new light fixture. I'll admit, it looks kind of funky right now because the wall behind the old mirror is a beige color and the rest of the bathroom is green, so it looks two-toned, but I won't repaint the bathroom until we install the pocket door, repair the sheetrock afterwards, remove the old shower and tile the new shower and floor. That's okay. I can wait. Besides, I have lots of stuff to keep me busy until then. Once I finish painting the kitchen cabinet doors, I can start on the new trim that Tom has installed.

I'll post photos as we go. . .

No comments: