Thursday, September 18, 2008

"Good Evening, and Welcome to the Eagles' Assisted Living Tour" ~ Glen Frey - The Eagles

And that is how the concert started.


All concert photos were taken by Brian Chilson of the Arkansas Times

There was more grey hair and balding heads at Alltel Arena Tuesday night than at Oaklawn Racetrack the whole month of March. We blended in well.

We knew the words to every song and for three hours we stood up, clapped our hands, shook our sizable booties and sang our hearts out to songs like Hotel California, Take It To The Limit (Glen Frey said his wife calls it the Credit Card song), Witchy Woman, Life In The Fast Lane, Funk #49...



Lyin' Eyes, One Of These Nights, I Can't Tell You Why...



...Dirty Laundry and the final song of the evening, Desperado.

It was an awesome concert and we didn't get home until after midnight, which would partially explain my complete meltdown yesterday when I realized that my granddaughter's birthday gift (which took me 3 days to pick out because I haven't seen her in almost two years and have no idea what she likes, wants or what size she wears) would not arrive for her birthday, but rather Tuesday next week, and my pissy, off-the-wall response to Tom when he asked me what I wanted to do for our anniversary. I barked something like, "Since we got married, I've planned birthdays, graduations, both weddings, anniversaries, mother's days, father's days, Thanksgivings, Christmas', Easter... every holiday or event imaginable. I would just like someone to plan something for me for a change..."

I think I needed a nap.

No comments: