Thursday, May 8, 2008

Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hair stylist you like. ~ Author Unknown

I did it. I know I said I wouldn't. I know I said I was going to let it grow. I lied. I flat-out lied. I knew I was lying when I said it. Tom knew I was lying when I said it.

I got a haircut. I had to. It was driving me crazy! And, I had all those hair products for very short, spikey hair on my bathroom vanity. Wax Works, Spray Wax, Freeze & Shine. They were calling to me. What was I supposed to do?

No, my hair doesn't look like I wanted it to look. It rarely does. Why is it I can't find anyone to cut my hair like Hoa (in California)or Linda (in Incline Village) did? I had my hair cut by Laura in Clearwater Beach when we were there last Christmas and it looked great! I loved it! But, Tom thinks that a trip to Clearwater every four weeks is a bit much for a haircut. What does he know?

I haven't really found anyone here that can cut my hair the way I really, really like. I've tried. In the last 15 years, I bet I've been to at least that many stylists. They all do an okay job, but it's not exactly what I'm looking for.

So, what does it look like now? Well, it is about an 1-1/4 inches on top. That is what I wanted, but how the stylist got there from the neckline up is what I have the problem with. The shape isn't nice. It's more like a guy's cut, than a gal's cut, if you know what I mean. But, it will grow. It always does. That's the thing about hair. And, in about three weeks it will sort of look more like what I want if I just trim here and there.

In the meantime, I'll wear lots of jewelry and makeup so people won't mistake me for the opposite gender. Oh, that's right, I don't have to. I have boobs.

No comments: