Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I'm like King Midas in reverse, here. Everything I touch turns to shit. ~ spoken by Tony Soprano

That is exactly how I feel today. I am disgusted, cranky and on the verge of tears.

Remember how excited I was when I wrote about getting Maya Angelou tickets? I finally received them in the mail.



They were perfect. Orchestra. Fourth row. Center. "Were" is the operative word. The appearance has been canceled. Not rescheduled. Canceled! Crap!!

Sunday we picked up our new dog, Goldie. She is a 5-year-old Golden Retriever that has been used as a breeder female (basically a puppy machine) to breed Golden Doodles. I know, that breed was a new one to me, too, but apparently they are a cross between a Golden Retriever and a Poodle (standard or miniature, depending on the size of the dog you want). They are cute dogs. Sort of look like some sort of terrier, I think. Anyway, so this is our new Goldie.



I took her to our veterinarian yesterday for shots and an initial exam. She tested positive for heartworm. I've never had an animal with heartworm, but apparently the treatment is a real hard one for the animal. Our vet, Dr. Chris, wants to assess where Goldie's health is medically before proceeding. You know, blood tests, x-rays, the whole gamut of exams. And, the treatment for heartworm is, of course, expensive. Double crap!!

What's next? Well, now, none of our garage door clickers (does anyone really call them "remotes" any more??) are functioning and the garage door opener was made like a hundred years ago and there aren't any other brand of clickers that will work with it. So, naturally, we have to get a new garage door opener, too. Again, crap!!

And, finally, I planted basil and dill plants in my herb garden about two weeks ago. They were doing fine for about a week, until we had some "unseasonably cool" weather for this time of year. It freakin' froze! In mid-April!! In Arkansas!!! We covered them, but they got frost-bite anyway. So, last Saturday I had to buy new plants, tear out the old ones and replace them with the new ones. Crap!!!

Okay, I know none of this has anything to do with me really, but I just feel so crappy. You know, it has just been a rough month. I think I'm allowed the luxury of wallowing in my own Pity Party for a day or two.

So, I'm off to Lowes or Home Depot this morning for a garage door opener and four clickers that will probably sit in the garage in the box for a week or so until someone (I'm not saying who) decides to install it. Oh, and I better put batteries on my list, too. With my luck, I'd get it home, open the box and...helloooo, no batteries for the clickers! Then I would be really pissed!

No comments: