Thursday, April 26, 2007

Lagging Behind My Expectations

I just can't seem to prioritize very well since I am not working.

We bought this house and moved in around the end of September last year. We knew we were going to do some major renovations, and we would have to do the work ourselves in order to afford the work we wanted to do on the house. We did not realize how long it would take, how much it would cost and how much work we could accomplish in any given day.

What does this have to do with prioritizing? It seems with all the other stuff I am trying to do around here, I have a hard time fitting the gym into my schedule. I always have something else to do. I didn't go all weekend. Saturday was the garage sale. We did pretty well and got rid of a lot of stuff. Sunday we worked on the yard all day.

I didn't get to the gym until Tuesday and, instead of being rested, I was tired. I think I was able to do maybe three 5min run/2 min walks and the rest were 3 min runs. I felt okay afterward, but I was whooped and very disappointed after the great run I had the week before. I did put the insoles back in my shoes and my ankles hurt and I felt like I was getting shin splints. I am going to take them out today just to see if I experience the same discomfort.

Wednesday I woke up with a spasm on the right side of my back. But, you have to know that I get this occasionally, particularly if I am at the computer a lot (which I was most of the day Tuesday -- payroll taxes due). Anyway, the spasms hurt like hell and it takes medication and massage (I love my husband) to relieve the painful spasms and soften the knots in the muscles. Needless to say, I didn't get to the gym yesterday.

I will go this afternoon. I like going in the afternoon around 2:00 or 2:30. Very few peope and I have my choice of treadmills. I like the ones that have the calorie counters and don't stop after 35 minutes. So does everyone else. So, anyway, I am just going to have to see how it goes when I get started.

No comments: