Thursday, April 19, 2007

I'm A Sweater

I don't mean the kind you wear to keep warm. I mean sweat, real profuse sweat! Like a pig! After an hour on walk/running, it takes me an hour to stop sweating and cool down. That's what I am trying to do now.

Okay... now, high five... now, low five... Thank you. I did well today. I walked/ran for 55 minutes, but instead of 3 min run/2 min walk intervals, I added a minute or two to each running interval. Most running intervals were 4 minutes, but I had a couple of 5 minute intervals and one 6 minute interval. I feel really good about the 6 minute interval because it was toward the end of my workout. Now I know I am improving! I just need to string all those running intervals together.

Anyway, I'm tired, but I feel good. Really good.

Unfortunately, I took the inserts out of my shoes so my right foot is throbbing a little. Did I mention that I broke my left foot and tore ligaments in my right foot? Last July in a freak accident just walking down two steps on a porch. I really don't even know how it happened. I just tripped and fell and twisted both feet wrong -- completely wrong. The break in my left foot healed fine, but the tendons in my right foot still ache sometimes, especially when I walk barefoot or in real flat shoes without much support. The orthopedic surgeon gave me insoles for more support. I have used them faithfully when I run except for today. I guess I was thinking that enough time had passed and I had healed enough so that I no longer needed them. I was wrong.

I have finally stopped perspiring so profusely, so now I can take a shower and get ready for my appointment to get my first tattoo. Can you even believe that?? A tattoo on a 60 year old woman. I will let you know how it goes. But, first I have to have a martini...

No comments: