Friday, November 1, 2013

Moondoggie To The Rescue

I enjoy reading my horoscope every day. I don't live my life in accordance with my horoscope, but it's fun to see how accurate or prophetic it is at any given time.

Today's was particularly interesting. It read, in part...

"...There can be a sense of lost innocence as you learn that somethings are not as they appeared or you might have hoped for... You can't lose faith though, there is a silver lining in this!!"

Holy shit! That couldn't be more accurate. That is exactly what Tom and I were discussing last night. Not so much lost innocence as a realization that many things are not what they have appeared to be and definitely not what I would have hoped for.

I think I may have been deluding or lying to myself all along, investing too much time, thought, care and energy and trying way too hard with little or no benefit and certainly not even coming close to meeting any expectation I might have had. I think I need to step back, take a deep breath and re-evaluate.

I hate this part of self-examination. It's hard. Really hard. The new truth is sometimes hard to swallow. Then, of course, there is the necessity to view things with a new perspective and adjust my thought processes accordingly so I can modify my behavior. I need to keep in check that old need and desire to do and invest myself. It's necessary, but often messy.

Well, at least I've been assured of a silver lining.

No comments: