Friday, March 8, 2013

Curbing Self-Inflicted Injury

I read our local newspaper almost every day. I hate it. I have to stop.

And almost every single day I feel the need to rant about the comments I read. Ignorant, moronic, shallow, thoughtless and sometimes disgusting. Oh sure, there are a few thoughtful, well-reasoned commentaries, but those are rare.

You can imagine the vitriol being spewed at those who are appalled by the oppressive new law which bans abortions after 12-weeks. Yes, Arkansas now has the distinction of having the most restrictive abortion law in the country, thanks to our state senator, Jason Rapert (pronounced, you guessed it: RAPE - ert). His next goal is to strip all public funding... yes, ALL... from Planned Parenthood so women who are unable to afford healthcare otherwise will not have anywhere to go for birth control, breast exams, PAP smears, STD screenings and other reproductive healthcare.

Anyway, Tom tells me to stop poking myself in the eye with a needle, meaning I should stop with the self-inflicting behavior. I know he's right.

No comments: