Saturday, February 16, 2013

Bored...

After a glorious day earlier in the week when the temperature was in the low 70's and being able to sit outside on the patio before dinner, the weather is back to chilly. For a flip-flops kinda gal, that's a negative. Mostly I just want to stay inside, huddled up on the couch.

Of course, if the weather was warmer, we'd be outside either working in the backyard or walking somewhere.

In anticipation of another boring weekend cooped up in the house, I scanned the website of a local television station for ideas. Lucky me, I found "5 five fun things to do in Arkansas over the weekend." Shall I share??

#1. Rhea Lana's Children's Consignment Event: Children's clothing for sale at this once-a-year event. My children are grown, but I have grandchildren. Sadly, I'm not in the market for used children's clothing.

#2. Cupid in the Caverns: A concert of new and traditional love songs in celebration of Valentines Day. You know I love Tom, but please. I have no desire to drive 2 hours to listen to about an hour and a half of love songs, then turn around and drive back home. Besides, I'd have to take off my slippers and put on real shoes. Ugh.

#3. Chocolate Fantasy Ball: It's for charity and all, but at $250 per person, I'll leave it to the Arkansas politicians and movers and shakers. Besides, I don't really like chocolate all that much.

#4. Arena Cross: Touted as fun for "kids of all ages," one-hundred and seventy truck-loads of soil will be fill the Verizon Arena in North Little Rock this weekend, "paving the way for an amazing arena cross competition." Motorcycles and lots of dirt. How fun.

#5. Arkansas Custom Knife Show: 'Nuff said.

I'm pretty underwhelmed.

Tom just came in the office and asked if I wanted to take a drive to the liquor store. Yes, we live in what is called a "dry" county. For a bottle of wine or fifth of vodka, we have to drive about 22 miles to the nearest "wet" county where the sale of bottled alcohol is legal.

Oddly enough, it actually sounds more attractive than any of the aforementioned events.

No comments: