Saturday, November 10, 2012

A Change of Mind

I didn't go. I'm still in Arkansas {sigh}. It was completely my decision. Tom encouraged me to go. "You need it," he said. I do, but I couldn't.

I stayed home because I couldn't justify spending 10-days playing when there are only 6 weeks until Christmas and I have nothing ready. Well, one thing ~ a gift for one daughter-in-law that I purchased back in August. That is all.

I have fabric piled all over my sewing table. I have only 5 cookbooks (each 94 pages, plus covers) printed and ready for binding. No shopping done. I need the whole 6 weeks to finish, and I'll be scrambling like a crazy person the last week. I just know it.

Tom's already started packing the trailer. I bought utensils yesterday. I ran them through the dishwasher last night. Plates, bowls, glasses are already in the cabinets.

There is still so much to do and I'm overwhelmed. But I'm trying to take things one step, one task at a time.

But before you know it, December 19th will be here. We'll hook up the trailer to the Expedition, climb in the car and pull out on the road. First stop, South Carolina to visit my niece and nephew and their families, then head south to the Florida gulf coast to spend Christmas and the week after with our son and his family.

Ahhhhhhhh
Photobucket


No comments: