Monday, April 2, 2012

Here I Go Again

It's spring, even though the weather is more like summer. Temps are in the high 80's, setting all kinds of records for March and well on its way to setting records in April as well.

Being that the weather is so beautiful, I got the walking itch again instead of just huddling under a lap quilt. So, yes, I started walking again. Right now I'm using my treadmill. I'm a little worried about walking the trail a couple of miles from my house because a woman was assaulted there a week or so ago.

I've set a two-mile goal for each day. I did fine Sunday, but I almost sabotaged myself this afternoon. I've been busy since this morning and at 2:00 this afternoon I thought I'd take a break, skip my walk and just sit down in front of the computer until Tom gets home.

Luckily, I came across an article in the Bradenton, FL, paper about the Robinson Preserve Twilight 5K Run. Flipping through the slideshow of the race, I saw little kids 6 - 12 years old running the entire 3.2 miles! It made me feel like a lazy slacker. That's a good thing because I put band-aids on my open blisters, slipped into my walking shoes and hit the treadmill for two miles.

I've started keeping track of my time and mileage on my sidebar as a way to stay motivated. If I post every day for everyone to see, I'll be too embarrassed to stop. At least that's my theory. But, if my stats disappear one day and I make no mention of it in my blog, you'll know that I've stopped walking altogether and I'm merely going to pretend the stats were never there in the first place. Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

No comments: