Friday, March 25, 2011

Some Things Friday for March 25, 2011

This has been some week. Stuff I can't even articulate in a short blog post, so since I haven't done one of these in awhile, I'll post the 15 Some Things.

Some Things I Love:

1. The beautiful weather that has rapidly disappeared.

2. All the trees and shrubs are starting to green up...almost like it's really spring.

3. Vacations.

4. A crawfish boil on a warm afternoon....the season is not far away! Tom's dad asked him about it the other day. He's not so hot on the crawfish, but he loves the shrimp, kielbasa, potatoes and corn on the cob.

5. The weather now on Florida's central Gulf coast...low 80's every day. Perfect! I want to be there NOW!

Some Things I Hate:

1. Zoey's birthday is next week and I'm home and not there!

2. Although it looks like work is starting to pick up for Tom, things are still pretty tight financially.

3. Not being able to take a vacation.

4. When I get credit for nothing, but blamed for everything (waahh, waahh, call the waahhm-bulance).

5. A Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, like the one I had yesterday. Finding my Zen place is quite a challenge.

Some Things I Just Don't Get:

1. The interest in the Charlie Sheen saga.

2. The interest in Gwyneth Paltrow's colon cleansings. Ewww. Ewww. Ewww.

3. Anything that comes out of Michele Bachmann's mouth. ~slapping forehead with palm of hand~

4. Why Ralph Nader is proposing the elimination of athletic scholarships. If that's what gets a kid to go to college who would not otherwise go, I'm all for it. We WANT an educated America, don't we?

5. Seriously. I mean seriously. You cannot be serious. Donald Trump a potential Presidential candidate? Excuse me while I hurl.



No comments: