Tuesday, October 26, 2010

And then it was two...

Unlike many liberal democrats, I do not watch Fox News or any of their programs. I'm just not into getting pissed off just to be pissed off. That's not how I roll.

Likewise, I don't read our local paper online any longer because of the hateful, ignorant people who make ugly, hateful and ignorant comments because...well...it just pisses me off.

I don't see any point in being mean or cruel for its own sake, or for any sake for that matter. That is why, a couple of weeks ago, I blocked a person on Facebook so I could not see any of the comments they made on my "friends'" pages, most of which were just plain mean because that person is just a very angry person, so that person uses all that unresolved anger to hurt others whenever possible.

Well, this morning I did it again. After seeing a nasty, critical comment on one of my friend's status, I cringed....as in Ouch, that was just SO unnecessary and mean. Frankly, I don't need mean, cruel, hateful, angry and abusive in my life (does anyone?), even when it's done to someone else. And especially when it's done to someone I care about. If I didn't care about them, they wouldn't be my Facebook friend, right?

So, I blocked another angry mean person. I can no longer see their comments. I don't know if what I did was a good thing or not. On one hand I think maybe it's a form of denial and is denial ever a good thing? But on the other hand, why would I want to leave the door open to being exposed to unnecessary cruelty?

Good or bad, it's done. Breathe in the good air, blow out the bad. Now, maybe I'll try a few downward facing dog and sun salutations.

No comments: