Wednesday, May 26, 2010

It's Almost Time

My clothes are packed. The tools and paint brushes are in their respective buckets. Joe is at the (wink, wink) Spa (wink, wink). My iPhone is synced. I need a shower, a glass of wine and a nice Cobb Salad for dinner.

We are leaving early tomorrow morning for Savannah, Georgia for a week, a 14 hour drive.

Chris, our youngest son, is moving his family from Savannah to Anna Maria Island, Florida and we are going to help him get his house ready to put on the market: install new wood floors, paint wall and ceilings, pack unnecessary items. I think we can make a good dent.

We'll also very much look forward to evenings set aside for visiting, relaxing and enjoying the company of family and the beautiful city of Savannah, one of our favorite places in the country.

We're staying at a hotel in the historic district, just about 5 miles from Chris' house. Early mornings you will find me taking my "power" walk through the beautiful neighborhoods shaded by huge moss covered oak trees.

If you've never visited Savannah, I encourage you do so. You won't be disappointed. I'll save a chair for you on the Riverwalk.

No comments: