Friday, February 5, 2010

Some Things Friday for February 5, 2010

It's been a whiney week for me. I couldn't seem to find much good in the sleet, snow, rain and cloudy skies.

Neither could Joe. Even if we were able to coax him outside, he'd refuse to leave the patio for the lawn, even to pee. He's not an outdoorsy kinda guy. That will have to change come this spring and summer, since that's where we spend most of our time. But, we'll be gentle.

Some Things I Love:

1. Cooking or cleaning to music. So far today, I've refurbished the stainless steel on the front of the oven, scrubbed the stovetop, cleaned the kitchen and the Caramel Apple Pie is in the oven. In the CD changer: Santana (Supernatural); Don Henley (Actual Miles); Herbie Hancock (Possibilities); Backstreet Boys (Millennium); Sting (Brand New Day). Yes, I know they are all old, but all of them are so melodic, uplifting and fun.

2. Joe is mostly quiet (sleeping?) through the night. Consequently, I'm sleeping better, which is why I think I'm finally starting to feel better.

3. Coffee, especially that first sip in the morning.

4. TOMS Shoes. I love buying a pair of shoes knowing that a child in need will receive a pair of shoes, too.

5. The ringtone I've applied to both of my sons' cell phones ~ "Sweet Child of Mine," by Guns & Roses.

Some Things I Hate:

1. Rush Limbaugh. Why you ask. Oh, let me count the ways. Limbaugh says stuff almost every single day that makes me want to throw up. And yesterday was no exception. His idiotic, slimy, shameful, disgusting comment on Thursday was in response to someone questioning his selection as a judge for the Miss America Pageant. Limbaugh says he has always been strong supporter of women. "I'm a huge supporter of women. What I'm not is a supporter of liberalism. Feminism is what I oppose. Feminism has led women astray. I love the women's movement especially when I'm walking behind it." There's nothing worse than a sexist a$$hole that doesn't know he is one.

2. And while we are on the subject of a$$holes, John Edwards. I'm not going to read Andrew Young's book unless it comes with a bottle of Emetrol and a box disinfectant wipes.

3. Nightmares about my kids and grandkids. Last night I had a nightmare about one of my grandkids. It felt so real that after I got up this morning, I kept waiting for the phone to ring. I can't even think about it or it will make me cry. I think I need to go read up on Carl Jung and his dream theory.

4. That I missed the Bill O'Reilly - Jon Stewart interview. I've seen snippets of it and what I've seen was very intriguing. But it still doesn't make me want to watch Faux News and certainly not Bill O'Reilly.

5. My cold feet. I guess that's what UGGS are for.

Some Things I Just Don't Get:

1. The appeal and excitement for "Lost." I've never watched it and I'm not going to start now, particularly since this is apparently the last season.

2. I admit to loving some designer things, more specifically shoes and handbags. However, I'm not stupid enough to buy this Louis Vuitton purse that sells for a mere $1,960.00...


3. Well, John Ridley was talking about this on Morning Joe this morning and when I entered the Huffington Post site later, there was an article about it there, too. In honor of Black History Month, the NBC commissary posted a "special" menu.

Whiskey...Tango...Foxtrot!! Do these people really believe that Fried Chicken and Collard Greens are the only foods that all people of color eat? How insensitive and insulting!

4. I don't get why I am still sitting here with ice cold feet and haven't yet gone into my room to put on my UGGS. Well, I'll suffer for one more minute because I have only one more "thing" to go.

5. All of the meteorologists for the local television stations are saying that it won't rain or snow this coming Sunday, however the weather app on my iPhone says it will. All those meteorologists need to get an iPhone with the weather app because everyone knows that the iPhone tells the iTruth...

No comments: