I'm at the end of my day and I've just about reached my limit of stupid. I've been sitting here most of the day getting photos and links ready for my food blog, writing a post for my blog for our local newspaper and arguing about racism with the local newspaper website commenters who find fault with Black History Month.
I'm so fed up that when Tom asked me if I wanted him to cook dinner instead me having to cook what I had planned, I whined about how sorry I was, how much I had to do and that I still wasn't finished until he stopped me with an abrupt, "Stop whining!" My grown-up, mature response was, "I'm an adult! I can whine if want!" Oh, yeah, so mature.
Some Things I Love:
1. After the rain, when the sun starts to peak out from the clouds and it starts to warm up, like it's trying to do right now.
2. The Sugar Donut Mini-Muffins I made yesterday. Sinful.
3. Joe is becoming quite comfortable with us.
Yep, that's him. Sound asleep, upside down, mouth open, wedged between a pillow and Tom's arm. And he didn't even blink an eye when the flash went off.
4. The Yin-Yang symbol
I have something similar tattooed on my lower back. I relate to it at a level I do not even understand.
5. People are talking about spring. I know it's not spring. Not even close. We have freezing temperatures every single night and a slight chance of snow showers is predicted again next week...in March!...in Arkansas! But we are still talking about spring so I'm caught up in that hopey, changey thing.
Some Things I Hate:
2. Not having enough time to accomplish everything I want to accomplish.
3. My inability to say "No, sorry I can't" sometimes.
4. Pain. Although apparently not enough to do something more about it than take ibuprofen and glucosamine.
5. That I feel so darn unAmerican because I am sick of the Olympics (curling...ARRRRGGGHHH!!!) and can't wait for them to be over!
Some Things I Just Don't Get:
1. Micro-mini skirts. Holy cow! Girls please do not wear these anywhere that is frequented by me or the general public for that matter. Honestly and truly, I am not the least bit interested in getting even the briefest glimpse of your Va-jay-jay when you bend over. Your mother would not be proud.
2. Why are they calling what Tiger Woods did sex addiction? Let's call it what it really is...narcissistic whoring around because he can.
3. Why I get all this spam. I mean, is spam really an awesome marketing tool? Who buys Viagra, diplomas and deposits money in Nigerian bank accounts because they got this truly remarkable deal in an email from somebody they don't know?
4. Curling. Com'on. Sweeping the ice with a miniature industrial broom in front of a moving rock? You have got to be kidding me. It's like watching fingernails grow. BOOORRRRIIINNNGGG!!
5. All these journalists and bloggers that grace my television screen on all the different political commentary programs are like 12 years old. How can they KNOW anything? Tom says I'm just getting old and they just look younger. I disagree. I know 12 when I see it.