Saturday, February 27, 2010

Playing by Heart

There is a movie, Playing by Heart, that I am sure most males, and maybe even some females, wouldn't find as charming as I do. It's mostly a low budget chick flick, a story composed of little vignettes of seemingly unconnected characters but as the stories unfold, the connection between the characters becomes evident - it chronicles the love lives of a Mom and Dad and their three daughters.

In the movie, once the relationship of the characters is clear and everyone is together as a family, discussions ensue and in separate conversations, each of the women, the Mom and the daughters, use the phrase "Anger Ball" to describe someone.

I adore that phrase ... "Anger Ball." Someone gets a mad on and just keeps rolling and rolling and rolling until the only thing left to do is crash into an immovable object and finally burn it out. Until then, watch out! This is not an episode of Survivor and no one is immune! Anger Ball...conjures up vivid images of vibrant temper tantrums, but makes me smile at the same time at how random it all is, like the ball in a pinball machine bouncing and rolling all over the board in order to score the points.

Okay. I'll admit it. I've done it a few times in my life, too.

No comments: