Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Over the river and through the woods...to San Francisco, then Fresno and I'm the Grandma

I'm in the middle of packing. We leave tomorrow morning for California and won't be back until next Wednesday. I'm not taking my computer and I won't be posting until I get back home. I thought about taking it, but decided you all would probably be fine without my daily or almost daily/bi-weekly grumblings.

Tom took two suitcases down from the attic. Sadly, because I ALWAYS over-pack, we are using both of them and it will probably cost us at least one limb, perhaps even two to check them at the airport. We'll have to share the burden; Tom will have to give up one of his limbs and I'll try to get out of giving up one of mine. Anyway, plus I have a carry on, which of course Tom can carry.

I am feeling so much better, thanks to my friend Karin @ Altadenahiker and her recipe for Sick Soup, although my soup did not contain dandelion leaves because here in Arkansas they are considered to be the worst kind of lawn weed and sprayed to death with plant poison except at my house, but, even so, I still don't have any.

I am looking forward to a wonderful visit at our son's in the Bay Area, then we drive to Fresno to visit my aunt (my mom's little sister) and her daughters (my cousins). We haven't been to my son's house in a couple of years and I'm anxious to see how much my grandchildren have grown. I haven't seen my aunt and cousins in almost 20 years. What a reunion that will be!

I want to wish all of you a wonderful, safe holiday filled with good food, good drink and lots of family and friends. Or you can choose to spend it alone, watching sports and nibbling the most disgustingly delicious tidbits you can find. What ever flips your switch. But whatever you do, just enjoy!

Now, I have to go pack all of the stuff I've pulled out of the closet and the drawers and laid in neat piles on the bed into a suitcase...the bigger suitcase, of course. I probably won't wear half of what I pack. And Tom will ridicule me relentlessly and laugh behind my back because I packed so much. That's okay. I choose to see it as having lots choices.

No comments: