Friday, August 21, 2009

A Letter to My President

President Barack Obama
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

Dear Mr. President:

It is clear you are struggling with the development of a comprehensive public option for your health care reform bill and in doing so have lost the support of most of us progressives.

Even though you were not my Democratic choice, I don't hold grudges. I'm here to help you, Mr. President, so may I propose the following:

MEDICARE OPEN TO ALL - financed by a reasonable premium, say 5% to 10% over what present Medicare recipients pay, which I believe is about $100 per month. Make it open to anyone with a valid social security card, as an OPTION, not a mandate, free from employers.

Stay away from co-ops, triggers, exchanges, mandates, taxes on benefits.

Keep it simple. Coverage for everyone using a successful plan already in place. Easy peasy.

Believe me, we progressives would be ecstatic and would support this REAL health care reform bill and when it's passed you can breath a sigh of relief and move on to other reform.

That's okay, you can thank me later... [Fist bump]

No comments: