Thursday, August 6, 2009

I Am Crying...

Alright, not full blown sobbing, but tears are running down my cheeks to the side of my nose and heading toward my mouth.

I am a reader of a blog titled This Is Reverb. I love this guy. He's a young pastor, tattooed and pierced and he's got those things in his ears that make the holes bigger...I just cannot remember what they're called (my grandson, Jacob, has them, too). So, Pastor Ryan is certainly not your typical grey-suited, clean shaven minister. He's a pastor, but doesn't preach much. When he does preach (sort of), he's not preachy, if you know what I mean. What he does most is share his life, in beautiful photos and very few words.

Pastor Ryan is a husband and the father of a 3-year-old daughter and a newly born son.

This morning I had another of his posts in my Google reader titled "Thoughts on having a boy..." The post is not about God. It's not about Jesus. It's not about religion. It's about love. It is about his newborn son, barely a week old and reading the post and viewing the beautiful photos brought tears to my eyes. I hope you will click on the "title" link to read his post, too.

If it doesn't bring a tear to your eye and a smile to your face, you probably need to be locked up somewhere and medicated heavily.

No comments: