Thursday, July 23, 2009

Is It Only Thursday?

I wish the week was just over. Gone. Finished. In the past.

I've had too much time on my hands. Too much time to think. Too much time to mull things over and over and over. I want to stop and take a deep breath, shake the cobwebs out of my brain, settle my stomach. I don't want to pretend that I feel better, feel great, feel centered, but just for a little while I'd like to forget about feeling crappy.

So...this week started off with a bang, so to speak. Monday afternoon as I was getting out of the shower, the tornado sirens were going off. I grabbed a towel and ran to the kitchen window, expecting to see wind, dark clouds, rain and hail, but it was sunny. There were some pretty dark clouds in the distance, but all was calm where I was.

Later, after I dressed, I checked the Log Cabin Democrat website and they posted this video of a water spout (a tornado over the water) over Lake Conway, a small man-made lake about 5 or 6 miles from our house. At about 2min15sec, you can see another spout on the left starting to form. Well, you could see it better if the person taking the video could manage to keep the camera from bouncing around.



I'm not really sure how my LCD blog is going. It's not like my regular blogs. I can't embed a stat counter, and I don't have any comments yet, so I don't know if anyone is reading. But, the new format has only been live since Tuesday morning. I'll just have to be patient.

I've been really organizing and cleaning the office, especially all my food blog stuff. I've made folders for categories of recipes I've printed "to try" and a file for "ready to post." It's much neater.

Tomorrow I start writing the first of many(?) payroll checks to our new employee. Tom hired a kid young man to help him out in the field; a go-fer of sorts. Lucky him...he gets to carry all the heavy stuff and sand treads and handrail. Today is his first day. We'll see how it works out.

As for the rest of the week and the weekend...no particular plans. The weather has been really nice this week (except for Monday). It's perfect for enjoying the patio. I think I'll make some more ricotta, stuff some portabella mushrooms with it and grill them outside. And maybe another batch of mozzarella for some caprese salad. Oh yeah, and probably more freakin' laundry...

No comments: