Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Tiramisu - An Italian cake, translated means "pick me up" or "pull me up."

I was feeling a little down this morning; a combination of just being tired from lack of sleep (insomnia, Grrrr!) and a little disappointment in my 2nd day of Week 3 of the Couch-2-5K. I was able to complete it okay, but it was sooooo hard to keep going, especially the last 3 minute run. I guess I was hoping it would get easier. And, the insomnia, well, it could have been that I just couldn't get back to sleep after having to clean up the kitchen.

Let me back up a few hours. At about 3:00AM, I woke up because my hip joints were hurting and decided that I would take some ibuprofen this time. I walked from the bedroom, into the hall, then through the living room without turning on a light and as I crossed the living into the kitchen in my bare feet, I felt something sticky on the tile floor. My first thought was, Goldie had an accident and peed on the floor. I reached over and turned on the light and it took a second for me to realize that the floor was covered in red spots, that looked like paw prints and I thought,Goldie had hemorrhaged from her spay surgery, so I called out to Tom and told him that I thought we had a problem. He came into the kitchen and at the same time we realized the sticky liquid was darker than blood and it was all over the counter, the floor, the table and it was dripping from the wine rack above the counter. Tom pulled a nearly empty bottle of wine from the rack. I started cleaning up the mess and Tom got a bucket of water and another rag. We had a huge mess. Apparently the bottle exploded. The bottle didn't break, but the contents of the bottle were under such pressure that it blew the cork out of the bottle, through the kitchen and across the entire living, where it landed on the edge of the carpet. We cleaned up what we could last night and went back to bed. I finished up this morning, trying to get the black stain out of the grout in the tile and the dark stains off the wall, cabinet doors and wine rack. I think the wall, cabinet doors and wine rack will have to be repainted. I don't know what I am going to do about the grout.

So, anyway, I was a little down this morning until I saw this on another blog...


Britain's Got Talent 2009 Aidan Davis Dancing - Funny bloopers are a click away

The stained grout is still black and ugly, but I am now smiling and feel so much better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would have come gladly out of the willows to welcome you.
http://taoist.mindsay.com/we_step_over_the_barbed_wire_into_the_pasture.mws