Sunday, February 22, 2009

Thorn in My Side...

There are days when I feel like I believe in the Christian teachings. There are days when I feel like I believe in Judaism. There are days when I believe as a Buddhist. There are days when I feel like I believe the Kabbalistic teachings. Then there are those days when I feel like I can weave all the teachings of all faiths together into my own spiritual belief.

My spiritual journey is an odd one, I know.

What I always believe is that stuff in our lives happens for a reason, whether it's merely to teach us about how to appreciate the small joys in our lives, or simply how to make better decisions or teach us something deeper about ourselves and how we live and relate in this world and, maybe, the universe.

I receive an inspirational and spiritual lesson in a daily dose. It's almost like preventative medicine. It gives me something to think about. God knows, I love to think.

Some of favorite quotes and lessons come from Yehuda Berg. This is one I received just the other day...


Your soul is on a lifetime journey of correction. The difficult people you encounter are sent to help you complete this journey. Meaning, every difficult interaction is supposed to strengthen and teach you something.

That annoying colleague you wish would be transferred? He's in your life for this purpose. That overbearing in-law you wish would move to another state? She's in your life for this purpose. Every single human who crosses your path, from your mom to your landlord, are here for this purpose of helping you learn and grow.

Today, change the way you see the "annoying people." Instead of avoiding them, or hating them, ask, "What are they teaching me?"


Some days, I don't want to know or think about what I'm supposed to learn. I'm on the declining end of a migraine; my first one in a very long time, probably years. So, today I just want those annoying people to go away.

Ommmmmm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this blog. It truly expresses how I see life. I hope you won't mind if I put this quote in blog.

Also, like you I have no secrets. My life is an open book. You know I've learned over the years that honesty wins out over lies always.

If you don't have honesty then you have no foundation to grow from.
Love you and thanks for sharing - Robin

Terri said...

Robin:

I have to admit, I do have some secrets, but none that could change who I really am, just things not appropriate for "publication". Of course, please use what you want.

Love you, Terri

Unknown said...

I am right there with you two. The ONLY secret I seem to be able to keep is my weight....and it's rather obvious.....Hope to see you both soon. Love, Rickey