Saturday, October 4, 2008

Preparing For An Overnight Trip...

We are leaving for Memphis today and I have just finished picking out the outfit I will wear to the theater. I need a break.

I have been known to over-pack, but Tom would consider that an understatement. For example, for a week's vacation in Florida, I have in the past packed a dozen pairs of flip-flops and shoes from which to choose and wound up wearing only two pair the entire trip. But I can't help myself. I want to be... need to be... have to be... prepared.

So I am picking out my clothes for this trip. To put it all in perspective, I need something to wear for the trip there; something to wear to the theater tonight (already chosen); and something to wear for the trip home tomorrow. Three outfits. And I still need a break.

Our conversation went something like this:

Tom: Are we going to need a hanging bag?

Me: I don't know. I don't know what I am going to wear yet, but if you want one, go ahead and get one.

I continue pulling things out of the closet and trying them on over my pants and t-shirt...

Tom: Okay, here's my stuff. I have something for today, something for tonight, and something for tomorrow.

Me: (still pulling stuff out of the closet) Already?? Your done?? Okay, let me try this on...

Tom: Should I go rent a U-haul?


No comments: