Friday, October 3, 2008

Nope... No "Some Things Friday" Today...

I just can't do it. I'm not feelin' it today. So I am going to take the low road, cheat and use a meme I found. Pathetic, I know, but it did ask some pretty unusual questions.

92 Things

1. What color are your kitchen plates? Which ones? The red square plates; the white square plates; the multi-colored Italian design red, white and blue plates; the round tan plates with painted grapes, fruits and vines plates; the vintage Fiestaware plates; the white with gold border designs plates? As I’ve said before, I have a little obsession.

2. What book are you reading now? A cookbook, actually. “Hallelujah! The Welcome Table” by Maya Angelou

3. What’s on your mouse pad? I don’t use a mouse pad. I have a Logitech TrackMan Wheel. The ball is on top

4. What’s your favorite board game? Scrabble, and I kick butt!

5. Favorite magazine? Cottage Living

6. Favorite smell? Tom… second choice, lavender

7. Least favorite smell? Ammonia

8. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning? What time is it?

10. Least favorite color? Probably brown. I don’t look good in brown.

11. How many rings before you answer the phone? I don’t carry the phone around with me from room to room, so it takes me a couple of rings to get to it…at least 2, maybe 3

12. Future child’s name? I won’t be having any other children. I will leave that to my children, but I don't think they are going there again either.

13. What is most important in life, after God and family? Friends, service to your community or country.

14. Favorite sound? Silence. There is so little of it.

15. Chocolate or vanilla? Vanilla, but my absolute favorite is vanilla malt. Mmmmm.

16. Do you like to drive fast? Yes, I admit it. But I've noticed that I've slowed down some the last few years. I guess I am just not in that much of a hurry anymore. That feels good.

17. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal? No, I sleep with my husband, Tom.

18. Storms: Cool or scary? When the lightening and thunder wake me up in the middle of the night – scary. When I am already awak – cool.

19. What type was your first car? I didn’t have my own car until I married Tom

20. If you could meet one person, dead or alive? Wow, only one? Bill Clinton, hands down.

21. What is your sign and your birthday? Gemini, June 14th

22. Do you eat the stems of broccoli? Yes, why not?

23. If you could have any job, what would it be? Travel writer

24. If you could have any color hair, what would it be? I bleached my hair blonde on my 18th birthday and dyed it just about every color imaginable since then... blonde, strawberry, auburn, red, brown, frosted...but I kind of like my gray hair now. Or maybe I'm just sick of messing with it all the time because I have better things to do. Or maybe a combination of the two. I'll keep you posted.

25. Have you ever been in love? Very… still am.

26. Is the glass half full or half empty? Depends on the glass and what’s in it.

27. What is your favorite movie? I have so many, it's too hard to name just one. Love Actually, Man on Fire, Hotel Rwanda, Chronicles of Narnia. We have a movie library in our den.

28. Do you type with your fingers on the right keys? You mean as opposed to hunt and peck? Yes. I took my first typing class when I was a sophomore in high school.

29. What's under your bed? Probably some dust bunnies.

30. What is your favorite number? 19, the date of our anniversary this month.

31. Favorite sport to watch? I’m not really that into sports, but I will watch ice skating and gymnastics occasionally on television. In person, I like football and women's basketball.

32. What is your single biggest fear? Dying alone. It may sound selfish, but I want my family nearby.

33. Favorite CD? Which month? I really like John Mellencamp’s new CD.

34. Favorite TV show? John & Kate plus 8, The Closer, Saving Grace, Gray’s Anatomy, Survivor, Dirty Sexy Money, Private Practice

35. Ketchup or mustard? Probably mustard.

36. Hamburgers or hotdogs? Hot dogs... with mustard.

37. Favorite soft drink? Diet Vanilla Pepsi, which has been discontinued!! So now I make my own by adding a little sugar-free vanilla syrup.

38. The best place you have ever been? Everywhere I went when Tom and I took our first vacation to Long Boat Key, Florida.

39. What screen saver is on your computer right now? I created a file of copies of Susan Rios paintings.

40. Burger King or McDonalds? Burger King chicken sandwich

41. Ever been so drunk you blacked out? No, but sadly I admit that I've been pretty darn drunk.

42. Missed school or work because it was raining? Yes. When we lived in the country, our gravel road would flood when it rained really, really hard all night long. I think I couldn’t get down our street twice in 15 years.

43. Been hurt emotionally? It is completely unavoidable if you have any feelings at all.

44. Kept a secret from everyone? Yes, ever since I was a child, but I finally told Tom about 3 years ago.

45. Had an imaginary friend? No, but I do talk to myself sometimes. Oh, and I also yell at the television.

46. Cried during a movie? Nearly every single one I’ve ever seen. Hey, I cry at commercials!

47. Had a crush on a teacher? No, not that I can recall.

48. Ever thought an animated character was hot? Uh, no.

49. Had a New Kids on the Block tape? Yes.

50. Been on stage? Not as a performer, but as an announcer for a program for the college where I worked.

51. Cut your hair? Routinely

--------------FAVORITES------------------

52. Shampoo: Biofusion Organics, Eucalyptus & Lavender

53. Soap: Olay Body Wash

54. Color: I love lime green and black together.

55. Day/Night: Day, especially early morning

56. Summer/Winter: Summer

57. Lace or satin: Lace

59. Cartoon Characters: I don’t watch cartoons

60. Favorite food: That's a tough one. I like all kinds of foods, but generally my favorite is some sort of pasta.

61. Ice Cream: Ben & Jerry’s Coffee Heath Bar Crunch

62. Favorite College Subject: A toss up – Political Science or Business Law

63. Favorite Persons to talk to online: My family

---------------RIGHT NOW------------------

64. Wearing: Shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops. It's still in the 70's here.

65. Hair is: Kinda messy, growing out, bugging me

66. I'm feeling: Blah...

67. Eating: Nothing

68. Drinking: Coffee

69. Thinking about: These questions

70. Talking to: Nobody… no one is here except me and Goldie


---------------IN THE LAST 24 HRS------------------

71. Cried: Yes, a couple of times

72. Wore a skirt: No

73. Met someone new: No

74. Cleaned your room: Actually yes

75. Done laundry: Yes, from my bedroom

76. Drove a car: Yes, lots of errands


---------------DO YOU BELIEVE IN------------------

77. Yourself: Most of the time

78. Your friends: Yes

79. Santa Clause: Naw, but I would never tell my young grandchildren that

80. Destiny/Fate: I think everything a person does creates their own destiny. If everything was predestined, what would be the point of free will?

81. Angels: Naw, not really

82. Ghosts: Honestly, I don’t know

83. UFO's: I believe there is a possibility

-----------------FRIENDS AND LIFE------------------

84. Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend? No, I have a husband. A boyfriend would not be appropriate, to say the least.

85. Who's the shyest family member or friend: Melissa

86. Who's the loudest: Tom. He just talks loud.

87. Who's the weirdest: Jacob, but in a good way. He’s clearly finding his own identity.

88. Who do you go to for advice: I don’t ask for advice, I ask for feedback and input. Well, okay, sometimes I say to Tom, "Tell me what to dooooooo!!!" But that's just mostly whining.

89. Who do you cry to? To myself, mostly, then to Tom.

90. When do you cry the most: Thinking about Mike

91. What's the best feeling(s) in the world: Being hugged by Tom, my sons or grandkids.

92. Worst feeling(s): Feeling like Mike could care less if he or his family ever sees or hears from me again.... and here I go... crying again.

So, that's it. Now you know more about me than you ever wanted to. It's time to get ready for the weekend. Tomorrow we leave for Memphis to see the musical, Avenue Q. I'll check in when I return. Have a great weekend everybody.


No comments: