Thursday, October 2, 2008

Can I Use "Bah, Humbug" for This Political Arena and Not Just For The Holidays??

Every channel, every program, every radio station. I am so sick of it. I am sick of all of "them," the talking heads on the left and right and in the middle.

I am not going to pretend that I get everything about this $700 Billion bailout, but it pisses me off... even if we need it, it still pisses me off. I'm sick hearing about the doom and gloom if it's not passed. I'm sick of the lack of leadership. Somebody ought to ram a boot up Nancy Pelosi, Barney Frank and John Boehner's asses and kick them out of Congress. And the same goes for the assholes in the Senate who voted for the bailout only after it was filled with an additional $150 Billion in new tax breaks for... get this... rum producers in Puerto Rico, race tracks, wooden arrows, and wool. What the hell is this about and what does it have to do with bailing out the economy??

Did you watch the first Presidential debate? How many times did you nod off? Obama vs. McCain = snoozer. Absolutely no excitement or passion and even less information. After the election, I never, ever again want to hear the words "My Friends" or "Let me be clear". Senator McCain, I am not your freaking friend, I'm a voter. Senator Obama, if you have to say "let me be clear," you are not being clear, so try being clear right out of the chute!

Then, of course, there is the Vice Presidential debate tonight and all the hype and rhetoric that surrounds it. Sarah Palin has been so bad lately, I truly would like to see her do well. It will be too painful to watch otherwise. Not that she needs anything from me, but I have some advice for Governor Palin. Ignore your handlers. They haven't been doing you any favors lately. Don't sweat the small stuff or worry about the details of your general answers. You're not a policy wonk, so don't try to be. You will obviously not be the most knowledgeable person in the room and, at this point in the game, you will never convince any of that. You might even want to acknowledge it and move on. Your strength is your personality and persona. Be a confident politician, regardless of what others think or say. And, be grateful your opponent is only the old wind bag, Joe Biden, and even more thankful that you don't have to debate Hillary Clinton.

No comments: