Saturday, August 2, 2008

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. ~Jim Ryun

I have often heard that it takes 21 consecutive days to create a habit. The only activity I've done for 21 consecutive days is sleep... and maybe laundry. What does that say about my life?

It doesn't look like I will be running any time soon. As I write this, it is 3:30 p.m. on a very, very, very sunny Saturday; so sunny in fact that it is 104º, actually 104.5º to be exact. This morning at 7:00 a.m. it was already creeping up to 90º. Okay, it's just freakin' hot. And, we still have to get through August.

I tried to find the 2009 date for the Savannah Shamrock 5K, but it hasn't been set yet. When it is finally set, I will put a countdown widget thingy on my sidebar. The race is always in March (Duh! to coincide with St. Patrick's Day), so I know that I have about five months to get ready. And, yes, I know I have to start back on my Couch-2-5K program to get ready. Right now, it is just too hot to run. But, at least I run in my dreams. Last night I dreamed I ran a mile without stopping and at a mighty nice clip, too. But, I suppose that doesn't count.

So, I finally decided on the tattoo I wanted and I don't want to hear a ration of crap about getting a tattoo. If you don't like it, don't look.

I started with this picture:
I'm really drawn to this image because it represents balance (remember when I talked about balance?). For me one side represents my active, aggressive, controlling, passionate, strong and masculine side (Yang - the fire side) and the other side represents a more passive, receptive, yielding, soft, and feminine side (Yin - the water side). But, I wanted something a little more stylized and linear because I wanted it on my very lower back (and, no, I will not be wearing a two-piece bathing suit or low-rider jeans to show it off, so shut up!).

I went back to Brooke Cook at Primal Urge Tattoos here in Conway, Arkansas. She drew it up and I went in last Wednesday afternoon to have it done and Taaa Daaaa! My new tattoo...



Now, it looks bigger than it is because Tom took a real nice close-up and I cropped my stretch marked hips out of the photo. I didn't want you to throw up in your mouth. Anyway, I love it and Tom is jealous because he loves how Brooke drew and shaded the water and the flames (mine looks better than his).

And, just so you don't have to ask... Yes, it hurt like hell!

No comments: