Friday, April 25, 2008

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ~ Berthold Auerbach

Today is my sister, Kim's, memorial service in Las Vegas. I decided not to go. I have said my good-byes.

In honor of her memory, I did not want to write something frivolous like the usual Some Things Friday. And, I am really not ready to write Part 3: The Gift, either.

Kim's, favorite group was Earth, Wind and Fire. She had all the characteristics of a person raised in that era. Coming from a family of four other siblings, she quickly asserted herself as an individual. She loved to have fun. Laughing was one of her favorite things to do. She had a strong work ethic and worked hard along side Tony to provide for their family. She was kind and compassionate. And, above all, a good and loving parent. Her children and family ~ blood, step- and in-laws ~ are left behind knowing they were deeply loved.

Today, I would just like to consider this time my four minute final gift to my sister, Kim.

No comments: