Monday, December 31, 2007

I really don't think I need buns of steel. I'd be happy with buns of cinnamon. ~ Ellen DeGeneres

I have been soooo darn good.

This morning, Tom and I walked 2 miles on the beach. I used week one of Robert Ullrey's Couch-2-5K podcast to just keep pace. We didn't do any running, but got a great workout anyway. I was tired when we got back to our room, but I felt great.

So, in our room for breakfast: iced coffee, a mini-croissant and a few melon chunks with a little no fat vanilla yogurt for dipping. It was perfect!

Later this afternoon, we enjoyed a three hour leisurely bike ride out on the bike trail along the intracoastal waterway and then all through the residential neighborhoods on Island Estates, about 10 miles total.



The weather has been perfect: in the high 70's or low 80's. Whatever fog might be lingering in the morning is quickly burned off by the very early afternoon, so the ride was warm with a slightly cooler off-shore breeze.

We had a light lunch of vegetables and dip and a gin and tonic (okay, so I haven't been sooooo darn good, maybe just darn good. ;)

Tom is now napping, snoring slightly. I'm here blogging. We are resting up for tonight. Our plans? Dinner at our favorite place in Clearwater Beach... Dominic's Capri Italian Restaurant. Later, we will toast the New Year sitting in the sand on Clearwater Beach with the bottle of Moet & Chandon White Star champagne we bought at the Publix market while we were on Island Estates this afternoon.

I can't think of a better way to end 2007.

No comments: