Wednesday, November 21, 2007

T - A - G

T-A-G

I got tagged and I have been instructed to write a blog with 10 weird, random things, facts, habits, or goals about myself. So here goes...

1. I am a foodie living in a culinary wasteland, so I shop online for what people here think are odd ingredients. Some things I just cannot get online, so I wait until I visit Mike & Kathy and shop at their regular Smith's market or at Smart & Final, or Chris & Kelly and shop in their regular Publix market.

2. Every single year I get into a holiday funk (depression). No one (until now) knows that about me but Tom. It starts the day before Thanksgiving and lasts until the day after Christmas. I don't know why I get that way. There isn't necessarily a reason or a catalyst. Things can be just great. I could be looking forward to giving gifts, traveling, what have you and Boom! There it is. I've been like that since I was about 12 years old. Okay, so... clue.....today is the day before Thanksgiving. It has started. Cooking and crying just doesn't seem to go together, but there you have it.

3. When I create or find a new dish that I love, I will make it so often that I finally get sick of it and can't hardly ever tolerate eating it again. Then Tom will always ask, "why don't we have 'so & so'?" Just can't make it... I'm on overload!

4. I love gardening, particularly herbs and flowers. I start planning (actually drawing the plot on paper) about March and I am ready to start planting in April, whether the weather is ready or not. I just hate going into winter and not being able to find any decent basil or chives at the grocery store (remember? I'm in a culinary wasteland).

5. Okay, I admit it. I am a reality tv addict. However, I do have standards. I like the one's where you have to have some kind of skill or make some kind of achievement. Survivor and The Biggest Loser are my favorites. I loved Starting Over when it was on. I also really liked World's Apart (National Geographic Channel) when it was on. Jon & Kate plus 8 is really cute. I liked The Apprentice when it first started, but I've had enough of Mr. Orange Combover. And I don't like Big Brother (whiney brats) or the Bachelor (Ho's).

6. I am a little obsessive about some things (Ya Think??). I almost always use cloth napkins. When I wash and put them away, they all have to be folded the exact same way and facing the exact same way in the drawer. All of my clothes in my closet face the same way. But I can't find a thing I am looking for in my underwear drawer because it is a jumbled mess.

7. I love to travel, but I would rather drive than fly. I am not afraid to fly, I just like enjoying the trip as much as the destination.

8. I have a habit of singing along with the music on my iPod. People look at me funny. I don't think they enjoy it as much I do.

9. Several years ago, I thought of becoming a professional organizer, but didn't because I thought I might drive my clients a little nuts.

10. I almost always drive when Tom and I go somewhere. It's less stressful for me and for him. Enough said.

So, did you learn anything new about me??

No comments: