Monday, September 17, 2007

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." Lao Tsu

WhooooHoooo! I started the Couch-2-5K program again this morning. It has been a long time; since June, I think. The hard part really is getting started.

I found a podcast for the C-2-5K program here. Robert Ullrey has a podcast for each of the nine weeks in the program. I obviously used the first week's podcast and it was perfect. The pace was good and cuing was great and I didn't have to take my kitchen timer with me to time myself. I have already downloaded all 9 podcasts. You know me, always thinking ahead.

So, how did I do? I did it! I'm sore, particularly the outside of my calves, but I completed the first day. I will try not to over-do or push too hard. I am going to try to take one day at a time, take the rest days in between and just supplement with some yoga to stretch out tired muscles.

No comments: