Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"If you start something new today, 20 years from now you can say you've been doing it for 20 years."

Of course, that would make me 82...

I finished the first week. I did well. I kept the pace. I reached my goal. But, I don't feel ready to move on to Week 2 of the C25K, so I am repeating Week 1. And, you know what? It's okay. Could it be I am being more gentle with myself?? Could this possibly be??

Or could it be that I am finally realizing that I am 61 years old and cannot progress or recover like I did when I was 30. Okay, I think that is probably the case.

In any case, I'm feeling good. My shins and ankles no longer burn when I walk or run. I don't have much residual soreness. I think the yoga has helped with that.

I've altered the schedule this week because it was raining Monday, so my run/walk days will be Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. And, I love the podcast I found. It was just what I needed. I feel like someone is running with me.

No comments: