Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Too Long And Not Enough

It's been too long since I have posted on this blog. And, no, I have not done enough exercise of any kind. Here are my list of excuses:

1. Life is kicking my ass! We closed escrow on our flip (a house we purchased to renovate and sell at a profit ~ fingers crossed) on June 14th. We did some work on it (tore out the seven-foot ceiling in the living room to raise it, gutted 2 bathrooms, tore up floor coverings), then we promptly went on the vacation (see previous post). Four of my grandkids came home with us for a week. Everyone went home after a week of that.

2. My youngest son, Chris, came out to help with the flip and he and I were over at the flip every day for the 2-1/2 weeks he was here, sanding (my job), sheetrocking and mudding (his job), removing wallpaper (layer, upon layer, upon layer of very nasty stuff ~ my job), repairing floors and ceilings (Chris' job) and priming everything for paint (also Chris' job).

3. In the meantime, it got hot. Really, really HOT! Yesterday when I was coming home for lunch, the temperature on the bank's sign at the intersection was 108 degrees at 12:27. That is just freaking hot! Unbearable!

4. Tired, tired, tired. Lazy, lazy, lazy. If you have read my post on my Myspace blog, you know that I have a new favorite phrase, "I'm too old for this shit." That's because I really feel old. The physical work at the house is really hard for me and I am really, really tired at the end of the day. I am guessing that if I were in better shape, I would fair better, but right now I don't have the energy to do more. At the end of the day, the only thing that comes to mind is, "I'm too old for this shit!"

I know... waaaaa, waaaaa, call the waaaa-mbulance!

So, the down side is, I am not running. I am not even walking. The upside is, I have lost a few pounds because I am physically moving all day long, every day. Honestly, I have to say that running (or, in my case, trying to run) was easier.

We have a couple of weeks of work left on the house and we will put it on the market. I only hope it has cooled down some (some mid-70's in the mornings would be nice) so I can get back out on the path.

In the meantime, I am off to the house to begin painting...

No comments: