Monday, August 20, 2007

No Progress is No Progress

I'm so grouchy today. I'm tired. Very tired. I know Tom is tired, too. He and I worked all weekend and I have more work today.

Saturday: we worked at the flip, filling all the little holes in all the walls and sanding everything smooth to get ready for painting today.

Sunday: we worked in the yard, in the heat, in the sun, and accumulated 14 thirty gallon yard waste bags full of grass clippings and garden waste.

I pretty much destroyed my garden. The only plants I left in the ground are the rosemary, sage, chives and thyme. I pulled everything else out. The plants didn't do well this first year. I didn't take a lot of time to prep the ground before I planted. It hasn't rained any where near enough this summer and the heat has taken it's toll on everything.

So, today, I am off to the flip to begin the real painting; putting actual color on the walls.

I can't wait until we are done with this house and we can finally put it on the market. I am just so tired. I swear, I am too old for this shit.

No comments: