Thursday, June 7, 2007

Progress, Of Sorts

Yesterday was weird.

I put on a pair of cropped pants (stretchy cotton, of course) and started my day. I had shopping to do and headed for Walmart about 11:00. As I am pushing my cart around the store, I have the need to continually pull up my pants. I kept thinking, what kind of bending or stooping did I do this morning to stretch my pants so far out of shape?

By the time I got home, I put groceries away, made a pea salad for dinner and steamed the carrots for marinating (I will post those recipes). After cleaning up the kitchen, I decided to take a shower. I undressed and thought, you know, I should weigh myself. I have weighed myself in at least two weeks. I hated to get on the scale because I haven't been running and Tom and I have both relinquished the low-carb diet. When I got on the scale, I was astounded! I was at 191!! That's why my pants were slipping down all day! I am ecstatic!

Okay, I have not been running. I have a lot of excuses. I don't know if I mentioned it, but we are remodeling our house. We bought it last September knowing we'd have A LOT of work to do on the inside and outside. We didn't start working on it in earnest until about 2 months ago, which just so happens to coincide with the line of credit we secured. Anyway, workers have been here almost every day. There was exterior painting, stone work, siding, new spa and decking for the new spa. Tom laid tile in the entry way, I grouted it. Tom removed the old cabinet in the guest bath and tiled the floor. I grouted the tile and painted the bathroom. Tom installed the new cabinet and reset the toilet. I scraped the popcorn ceiling and painted it and the walls. The fabricator came last week to take the templates for the granite countertops. My house and yard looks like a construction zone! Most of the time, I can't get my car out of the garage. But the remodel is progressing quickly.

So, did I mention I haven't been running?

No comments: